This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
- Landspeed Homes Limited is based at 16 Katana House Fort Fareham Fareham Hampshire PO14 1AH
- Company number 08726176 registered in England
- LHL does not generally use collected data for marketing purposes
- Its use is of a “transactional” nature for making contact during the normal course of business.
Landspeed Homes has a lawful basis for processing data due to:
- Its business being established as a property holding and development company
- Its having pre-obtained consent from home buyers, investors and business associates
- Its having a contractual necessity to collect and process data to fulfil contractual and legal obligations as detailed in government policies
- Its having a legitimate interest in processing appropriate information in a way that persons would reasonably expect their information to be used
To ensure your information is kept secure and in order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information, Landspeed Homes Limited warrants that:
- It is registered under UK data protection with the Information Commissioner’s Office and operates their business in a way that complies with Data Protection Law and will continue to do so.
- All data used will be clean and current and will have been lawfully obtained and in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation and all UK and EU related data protection law.
- We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure any information we collect online.
- That our entire website is encrypted end to end as denoted by the URL starting with “https” where the “s” stands for secure.
- • That all devices used by any member of LHL are password protected.
- All persons will have the right to have their data erased if they withdraw their consent or if any data has been processed incorrectly.
- All persons will have the right to move, copy or transfer their personal data from one area to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to its usability.
- All persons have the right to have their data rectified if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- All persons have the right to stop or suppress the processing of their data.
- All persons have the right to object to their data being used for direct marketing.
The data collected by Landspeed Homes Limited from original sources includes information from:
- Home buyers
- Third party organisations such as IFA’s, mortgage providers and lenders
- Other interested parties
The data collected by Landspeed Homes Limited may include but not be limited to:
- Contact information: name, postal address, phone number(s) and email address
- Employment information
- Documents providing proof of status whether a sophisticated investor or otherwise
- Financial information: Bank statements and other information showing proof of funds
- Age, date of birth and next of kin
The data collected by Landspeed Homes Limited is used for the purpose of communication and includes but is not limited to:
- The purpose of drawing up various agreements e.g. loan agreements, Option agreements and Heads of Terms
- Communicating via email to comply with Government legislation
- Internal record keeping
- Information we use to improve our services
- Occasional and periodic promotional emails about our services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting or useful using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email, phone or mail
During the process of conducting our business, Landspeed Homes Limited may share your data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With a Solicitor to draft or advise on a legal agreement
- With a property agent to facilitate a transaction
- With an independent agency to verify proof of funds or security
- With a Government agency if we are required to do so
- With the Land Registry to register charges
- Any third party we use will also need to confirm to LHL that they are GDPR compliant that they will only use the information for the purpose for which it was intended and that they will destroy it after they no longer need it. Also, that they will not store any data for the purposes of marketing or contact regarding other unrelated matters.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- LHL will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties or pass your personal information to them.
- You may request details of any personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Data Protection, Landspeed Homes Limited 16 Katana House Fort Fareham Fareham Hampshire PO14 1AH
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible and, if requested, we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
To comply with current legislation Landspeed Homes Limited disposes of data held on lenders in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Five years after a loan has been repaid in full all data that has been stored in any email communication, Dropbox file or CRM file will be deleted, and all physical documents will be shredded. However, LHL will retain a copy of the signed agreements and loan repayment schedules for a further 2 years for accounting purposes.
- Seven years after a loan transaction has ended LHL will delete all data of whatsoever nature and wheresoever located that is connected with that loan. LHL will also delete all previously-retained copy agreements.
We use third party service providers such as Drop Box. These service providers have their own privacy policies which we have accepted in order to use their services. The information we store or exchange with these sites is controlled by that service provider and may be affected by your own privacy settings.
We use your personal information
- To fulfil our transactional obligations to you
- Where it is necessary for the purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests
- For purposes which are required by law
- For the purpose of responding to request by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
We may disclose your information as follows:
- Contractors or services providers who assist us in connection with our business
- Our professional advisors
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- A purchaser or prospective purchaser of part or all of our assets or our business and their professional advisors in connection with the purchase
- A third party to respond to request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity
- A third party in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required to do so by law